Thursday, March 11, 2010

can't hold me back

So this week was very interesting. I had quite alot happen. Well I had agreed to represent Gabon(some random african country) in a Model UN. I felt very underprepared, but they wanted me because I was a native English speaker and the proceedings were in english. Well I did this and it was rather interesting. Those are so professional and I felt so outclassed. Either way I participated and was invited to thier performances, so I got to see alot of traditional dances. I saw a Cossak dance, and some Caucaus region dance, it was really cool. New people moved into the profolactory and one of them was the Chechen that did most of the dances, I got a picture in his traditional uniform, it's sweet. Well other than that we met our host families. So I'm living with a 17 year old brother and a 6 year old sister. My host mom was really nice when I met her, and they spoke entirely Russian. I felt lost, but I understood about 1/4 of it. That'll be interesting. So I now have a mullet, they are totally popular around here. I'm going to have to work on the paper due next week and pack today, but I thought I'd write this now, but I know I'm not very good at keeping up with this thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment