Thursday, March 11, 2010

So here I am

So I'm with a russian family now.  My host father says i don't talk much, probably because I don't.  It's really hard to speak this language.  I can get about half of what is simply spoken to me now, but still that doesn't quite seem enough alot of the time.  I can say things in Russian now, and I can get my point across with only words if it's a simple question.  That was interesting actually, A japaneese man asked me in russian why I chose to come to nizhney novgorod to study and not moscow and I was able to understand his russian and answer him.  I was really proud of that. Good time.  The food here is good, everything is natural.  I think I'll end up eating rye bread, and drinking whole milk when i come back to the states. You never know.  Everything is cool.  There's also a niece that comes around frequently, the first three days she was here, and I think she spends the weekends here, it's a rather nice appartment.  It's really cool being here, we go to Kazan this weekend.  That'll be fun, I've been busy writing liturature papers and I need to start on my research project in earnest.  Sorry i haven't updated consistantly.


talk to you all when i got more to say... laters

No comments:

Post a Comment