Monday, January 25, 2010

So we arrived in Nizhney Novgorod late last night. Laura said that this truely feels like
we are in Russia. I agree. In Moscow it felt as if we were American Tourists that are just passing through. Now that we get to Nizhney we are here on campus to acutally study. We actually begin studying next week, but it feels like we have really arrived. We had a banquet, where the Russians welcomed us. We had skits and performances to entertain each other. We did line dancing and some skits and they sang and danced for us. After this we had a Disco running, and we all talked alot. If you haven't seen me dance, know that I like to dance. It's a different side of me than normally comes out. But there was this "dance" where everyone would couple up and hold hands and that made the cealing of a little tunnel that you would run through. Everyone would be holding a hand and one person would go into the tunnel and take the hand of anyone in the line he wanted and travel to the end. The person who was partnerless would go to the beggining of the tunnel and choose someone again, making a continous flow. I liked that alot. Then they just busted out the techno ish stuff and we danced. I also
met alot of cool Russians. Hopefully I'll get to know more. I bet a Russian 50 rubles I would beat him in badmitten. Also I thought it was funny that an aquantince of mine there, said, "I know who is American here, but on the dance floor I don't know the difference." I thought that was deep. Slow danced with a girl for the first time. I danced with Katya, and that was nice, but i was nervous and a little awkward at first. These people are so glad to have us here, and I'm overwhelmed at thier hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment